Small Business Consulting
If you are thinking about starting a new business, or perhaps you already have a business and are thinking about taking the next step whether it be to incorporate, expand, add an employee or employees, or any other major step, please come see me for a free one-hour consultation.
The following list is just a sample of some of the business issues I am available to consult with you:
Starting a New Business: this is a major step in your life and it’s full of pitfalls. Some seemingly mundane decisions could lead to costly errors. As your consultant I will work with you to explain what decisions need to be made, what options are available and what results might occur. I will gain an understanding of your business, your goals and objectives and the desired results and provide recommendations and options so you can make the best decision.
Operating an Existing Business: even though you may not be considered a start-up business, there are critical decisions that occur almost daily. Some of these might be purchasing or leasing capital equipment, outsourcing payroll, managing your cash flow, investments and acquisitions, and expanding your business. As your consultant I will provide you with needed information to help you make an informed decision. I will also try to provide alternatives and analyze the pros and cons so you can consider all the options.
- Timing of purchases to minimize taxes
- Deductibility of expenses
- Tax credits available for certain purchases
- Self-employment tax
- Payroll taxes – Social Security, Medicare, Unemployment taxes
- Business-entity choices (e.g. sole-proprietor, partnership, corporation, Sub-Chapter S corporation, limited liability company, etc.)
- Taxation issues – federal and state reporting requirements
- Sales-and-use tax and the state franchise tax
- Leasing versus purchasing equipment
- Quarterly tax payments to the IRS and/or the State Comptroller
- Other State Tax Preparation
© 2019 John R.C. Munn, CPA. All Rights Reserved.